These terms and conditions (the “Terms of Service”) govern your access to and use of The Mass Shop websites and mobile applications that link to or reference these Terms of Service (collectively, the “Service”). By accessing or using the Service, you are agreeing to these Terms of Service and concluding a legally binding contract with The Mass Shop. Do not access or use the Service if you are unwilling or unable to be bound by the Terms of Service.
“You” and “your” refer to you, as a user of the Service. A “user” is someone who accesses, browses, crawls, scrapes, or in any way uses the Service. “We”, “us”, “our” refer to The Mass Shop.
“Content” means text, images, photos, audio, music, video, and all other forms of data or communication. “Your Content” means Content that you submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the Service, such as videos, commentary, ratings, reviews, invitations, messages, and information that you publicly display or displayed in your account profile. “User Content” means Content that users submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the Service. “The Mass Shop Content” means Content that we create and make available in connection with the Service. “Third Party Content” means Content that originates from parties other than The Mass Shop or its users, which is made available in connection with the Service. “Site Content” means all of the Content that is made available in connection with the Service, including Your Content, User Content, Third Party Content, and The Mass Shop Content.
Changes to the Terms of Service
We may modify the Terms of Service from time to time. When changes are made, we will notify you by making the revised version available on this webpage, and will indicate at the top of this page the date that revisions were last made. You should revisit these Terms of Service on a regular basis as revised versions will be binding on you. Any such modification will be effective upon our posting of new Terms of Service. You agree that your continued access to or use of the Service after any posted modification to the Terms of Service indicates your acceptance of the modification.
Using the Service
To access or use the Service, you must be 16 years or older and have the requisite power and authority to enter into these Terms of Service. If you are under 18, you may use our site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. You may not access or use the Service if you are a competitor of ours or if we have previously banned you from the Service or closed your account.
PERMISSION TO USE THE SERVICE
We grant you permission to use the Service subject to the restrictions in these Terms of Service. Your use of the Service is at your own risk, including the risk that you might be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate.
The Service or any functions or Content of the site may be modified, updated, interrupted, suspended or discontinued at any time without notice or liability.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE MASS SHOP AND OTHER USERS
By creating an account, you agree to receive certain communications via e-mail, phone, or text message in connection with the Service at any e-mail address or phone number that you may have provided us. For example, you may receive our e-mail newsletter about new products, beauty tutorials and site updates or other matters that may interest you.
The Mass Shop may also place calls or texts to: (i) notify you regarding your account; (ii) troubleshoot problems with your account; (iii) resolve a billing dispute; (iv) collect a debt; (v) poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires; (vi) contact you with offers and promotions; or (vii) as otherwise necessary to service your account or enforce this Terms of Service, our policies, applicable law, or any other agreement we may have with you. Standard telephone minute and text charges may apply.
The Mass Shop may, without further notice or warning and in its discretion, monitor or record telephone conversations you or anyone acting on your behalf with The Mass Shop or its agents for quality control and training purposes or for its own protection.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
The Mass Shop offers a convenient return policy to our customers because we want you to be completely satisfied with our goods and services. Our return policy is detailed here.
We reserve the right to deny unfair returns and refunds for any reason. For example, these reasons may include returns: (i) for products not purchased directly from The Mass Shop; (ii) for products used beyond a reasonable trial amount; (iii) for products purchased for the purpose of reselling; or (iv) from customers that return an unreasonable proportion of products purchased.
Canada Refunds. The Mass Shop is an approved CREDITS participant with the Canada Border Services Agency (“CSBA”). By ordering goods from The Mass Shop, you hereby authorize Landmark Trade Services, an approved customs broker in CREDITS, to act as your agent, and to transact business with the CSBA to obtain release of your merchandise, account for duties and taxes, return merchandise to The Mass Shop, and electronically submit refund claims on your behalf. Under the CREDITS program, you understand that the CSBA will send any refund of duties and taxes that were paid on the returned merchandise to the customs broker, and that you will obtain the refund directly from The Mass Shop. Further, you also authorize the customs broker to forward any refund issued by the CSBA in your name, so that The Mass Shop can be reimbursed.
You are only permitted to have one registered account on The Mass Shop. Any customer accounts created for the specific purpose of circumventing The Mass Shop per customer limit restrictions on promotions, Flexible Payments restrictions, or product quantity limits may be disabled and banned at our discretion. We reserve the right to prosecute fraudulent criminal activity to the fullest extent of the law.
The Mass Shop reserves the right to require a signature to confirm delivery of an order. Should you elect to waive the signature requirement, you agree to release The Mass Shop and our shipping carrier from any liability in the event your order is lost, stolen, or otherwise not received.
The goods will be imported on behalf of the consignee/buyer. The consignee authorizes the The Mass Shop to import the goods on his behalf. Further, the consignee/buyer agrees that The Mass Shop may delegate the obligation to import the goods on his behalf to a subcontractor (e.g. customs broker). The consignee will pay the taxes & duties in addition with the purchase price of the goods.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR CONTENT
You alone are responsible for Your Content, and once published, it cannot always be withdrawn. You assume all risks associated with Your Content, including anyone’s reliance on its quality, accuracy, or reliability, or any disclosure by you of information in Your Content that makes you personally identifiable. You represent that you own, or have the necessary permissions to use and authorize the use of Your Content as described herein. You may not imply that Your Content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by The Mass Shop.
You may expose yourself to liability if, for example, Your Content contains material that is false, intentionally misleading, or defamatory; violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; contains material that is unlawful, including illegal hate speech or pornography; exploits or otherwise harms minors; or violates or advocates the violation of any law or regulation.
OUR RIGHT TO USE YOUR CONTENT
We may use Your Content in a number of different ways, including publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing others to do the same in connection with their own websites and media platforms (“Other Media”). As such, you hereby irrevocably grant us world-wide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable rights to use Your Content for any purpose. You also irrevocably grant the users of the Service and any Other Media the right to access Your Content in connection with their use of the Service and any Other Media. Finally, you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against The Mass Shop and its users any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content. By “use” we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of Your Content.
As between you and The Mass Shop, you own Your Content. We own the The Mass Shop Content, including but not limited to visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, computer code, products, software, aggregate user review ratings, and all other elements and components of the Service excluding Your Content, User Content and Third Party Content. We also own the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world (the “IP Rights”) associated with the The Mass ShopContent and the Service, which are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, trademark laws and all other applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. You may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the The Mass Shop Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in and to the Service and the The Mass Shop Content are retained by us.
The Mass Shop and its licensees may publicly display advertisements and other information adjacent to or included with Your Content. Except as you and we may otherwise agree with regard to revenue sharing (see, for example, our Partner Program), you are not entitled to any compensation for such advertisements. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising are subject to change without specific notice to you.
We make some of the Site Content (the “Feed Content”) available via Real Simple Syndication, Atom or other feeds (the “Feeds”). You may access and use the Feeds in order to display Feed Content on your personal computer, website, or blog (“Your Site”), provided that (i) your use of the Feeds is for personal, non-commercial purposes only, (ii) your display of the Feed Content links back to the relevant pages on The Mass Shop websites, and attributes The Mass Shop as the source of the Feed Content, (iii) your use or display of the Feed Content does not suggest that The Mass Shop promotes or endorses any third party causes, ideas, websites, products or services, including Your Site, (iv) you do not redistribute the Feed Content, and (v) your use of the Feeds does not overburden The Mass Shop systems. The Mass Shop reserves all rights in the Feed Content and may terminate or suspend any or all of the Feeds at any time. Please select “Partnerships” on our contacts page here to inquire about other possible uses of the Feeds.
We reserve the right to remove, screen, edit, or reinstate User Content from time to time at our sole discretion and without notice to you. For example, we may remove a review if we believe it violates our Content Guidelines. We have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of Your Content, nor do we guarantee any confidentiality with respect to Your Content.
We are under no obligation to enforce the Terms of Service on your behalf against another user. While we encourage you to let us know if you believe another user has violated the Terms of Service, we reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate action at our sole discretion.
YOU AGREE NOT TO, AND WILL NOT ASSIST OR ENABLE OTHERS TO USE THE SERVICE TO:
- Violate our Content Guidelines;
- Violate any third party’s rights, including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- Threaten, stalk, harm, or harass others, or promote bigotry or discrimination;
- Promote a business or other commercial venture or event, or otherwise use the Service for commercial purposes, except as expressly permitted by The Mass Shop;
- Send bulk emails, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not; engage in keyword spamming, or otherwise attempt to manipulate the Service’s search results or any third party website;
- Solicit personal information from minors, or submit or transmit pornography; or
- Violate any applicable law.
YOU ALSO AGREE NOT TO, AND WILL NOT ASSIST OR ENABLE OTHERS TO:
- Violate the Terms of Service;
- Modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Service or Site Content (other than Your Content), except as expressly authorized by The Mass Shop;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index any portion of the Service or any Site Content;
- Reverse engineer any portion of the Service;
- Remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice that appears on any portion of the Service or on any materials printed or copied from the Service;
- Record, process, or mine information about other users;
- Access, retrieve or index any portion of the Service for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of business reviews;
- Reformat or frame any portion of the Service;
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on The Mass Shop technology infrastructure or otherwise make excessive traffic demands of the Service;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- Use the Service or any Site Content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature (collectively, “Viruses”);
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Service, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service;
- Use the Service to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Service or Site Content; or
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Service, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Site Content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Service.
Guidelines and Policies
You represent that you have read, understand and agree to our Content Guidelines.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK DISPUTES
Please see our Copyright Policy for information about copyright and trademark disputes.
Suggestions and Improvements
By sending us any ideas, suggestions, documents or proposals (“Feedback”), you agree that (i) your Feedback does not contain the confidential or proprietary information of third parties, (ii) we are under no obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Feedback, (iii) we may have something similar to the Feedback already under consideration or in development, and (iv) you grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use, modify, publish, display, distribute and sublicense the Feedback.
The Service may include links to other websites or applications (each, a “Third Party Site”). We do not control or endorse any Third Party Site. You agree that we are not responsible for the availability or contents of such Third Party Sites. Your use of Third Party Sites is at your own risk.
Some of the services made available through the Service are provided in connection with third parties and subject to additional terms posted here which are incorporated herein by reference.
You agree to indemnify and hold The Mass Shop, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, any related companies, suppliers, licensors and partners, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless, including from costs, liabilities and legal fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (i) your access to or use of the Service, (ii) your violation of the Terms of Service, or (iii) the infringement by you, or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. The Mass Shop reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of The Mass Shop. The Mass Shop will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF THE MASS SHOPAND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “THE MASS SHOP ENTITIES”). EACH OF THE SUBSECTIONS BELOW ONLY APPLIES UP TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. NOTHING HEREIN IS INTENDED TO LIMIT ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY LIMITED.
- THE SERVICE AVAILABLE IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
- THE THE MASS SHOP ENTITIES MAKE NO CLAIMS OR PROMISES ABOUT THE CONDUCT OF THIRD PARTIES. ACCORDINGLY, THE THE MASS SHOP ENTITIES ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE FROM THEIR ACTIONS, INCLUDING, FOR EXAMPLE, IF ANOTHER USER MISUSES YOUR CONTENT OR IDENTITY, OR IF YOU HAVE A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WITH ONE OF THE BUSINESSES LISTED ON THE SERVICE.
- THE THE MASS SHOP ENTITIES MAKE NO CLAIMS OR PROMISES ABOUT THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF THE BUSINESS LISTINGS, RATINGS, AND REVIEWS, OR THE SAFETY OR SECURITY OF THE SERVICE OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF INFORMATION ON ITS SITE. ACCORDINGLY, THE THE MASS SHOP ENTITIES ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF THE CONTENT, DESCRIPTIONS, STATEMENTS, RATINGS, OR REVIEWS, OR THE SAFETY OR SECURITY OF THE SERVICE.
- THE THE MASS SHOP ENTITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RIGHT AND REMEDY IN CASE OF DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICE OR ANY OTHER GRIEVANCE SHALL BE YOUR TERMINATION AND DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, OR USE OF THE SERVICE.
- THE THE MASS SHOP ENTITIES’ MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT YOU SUFFER IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE OR THESE TERMS OF SERVICE IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (i) THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO THE THE MASS SHOP ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY, OR (ii) $100.
- THE THE MASS SHOP ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY (i) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, (ii) LOSS OF PROFITS, (iii) BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, (iv) LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO REPUTATION OF THE MASS SHOP OR ANY THIRD PARTY, OR (v) LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA.
Choice of Law and Venue
California law will govern these Terms, as well as any claim, cause of action or dispute that might arise between you and The Mass Shop (a “Claim”), without regard to conflict of law provisions. FOR ANY CLAIM BROUGHT BY EITHER PARTY, YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT AND CONSENT TO THE PERSONAL AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION IN, AND THE EXCLUSIVE VENUE OF, THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED WITHIN SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY, CALIFORNIA.
- You may terminate the Terms of Service at any time by closing your account, discontinuing your use of the Service, and providing The Mass Shop with a notice of termination by emailing us here. If you close your account, we may continue to display Your Content.
- We may close your account, suspend your ability to use certain portions of the Service, and/or ban you altogether from the Service for any or no reason, and without notice or liability of any kind. Any such action could prevent you from accessing your account, the Service, Your Content, Site Content, or any other related information.
- In the event of any termination, whether by you or us, Sections 1, 4, 5, 6, 10 – 14 of these Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect, including our right to use Your Content as detailed in Section 4.
- We reserve the right to modify, update, or discontinue the Service at our sole discretion, at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice or liability.
- We may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms of Service by email, regular mail or communications through the Service.
- Except as expressly stated herein, nothing herein is intended, nor will be deemed, to confer rights or remedies upon any third party.
- The Terms of Service contain the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Service, and supersede any prior agreement between you and us on such subject matter. The parties acknowledge that no reliance is placed on any representation made but not expressly contained in these Terms of Service.
- Any failure on The Mass Shop’s part to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
- If any provision of the Terms of Service is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms of Service shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- The Terms of Service are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with The Mass Shop’s prior written consent, but may be assigned or transferred by us without restriction. Any assignment attempted to be made in violation of the Terms of Service shall be void.
- The section titles in the Terms of Service are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.